POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : There must be a better way to do threads : Re: There must be a better way to do threads Server Time
3 Aug 2024 08:12:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: There must be a better way to do threads
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 25 Mar 2004 13:49:36
Message: <cjameshuff-7E0E3C.13495525032004@news.povray.org>
In article <86b### [at] duchesstwilleyorg>,
 Jack Twilley <jmt+use### [at] twilleyorg> wrote:

> This macro creates a jillion (well, perturn*turns) cones to simulate a
> triangular spiral prism.  It works, but it's ugly and slow as a dog.
> Please tell me that there's a better way.  I stared at the docs for
> lathe and prism, and I couldn't see anything useful there.

There are several better ways. You could build a mesh or use an
isosurface, for example. The mesh would probably be faster, the
isosurface would use less memory and wouldn't have faceting problems.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/